Toilet Paper Wedding Dress Contest
The annual Toilet Paper Wedding Dress Contest is an annual competition where contestants create beautiful wedding dresses entirely out of toilet paper. The contest has been featured in several magazines, newspapers, television shows, and even movies. It is an interesting challenge, and one that has had people from all over the world participating. This blog post looks at the contest, its rules and regulations, and how contestants can go about creating their own toilet paper wedding dress.
What is the Toilet Paper Wedding Dress Contest?
The Toilet Paper Wedding Dress Contest is an annual competition that was first held back in the year 2000. Contestants must create an entire wedding dress using only toilet paper and other paper-related materials such as tape and glue. This includes not just the dress and accessories such as veils and headpieces, but also the bridal accessories such as bouquets and garter belts.
The dresses themselves must be created in a way that they look as if they are made of fabric. Contestants are allowed to use additional non-paper materials such as tape and glue, and they must also ensure that their creations have a “bridal feel”. The entry deadline for each year’s contest typically takes place in April and the winners are announced in the following month.
Rules and Regulations
In order to participate in the contest, contestants must submit their completed entries by the deadline. All entries must adhere to the following specifications:
- The dress must be made entirely out of toilet paper and other approved paper-related materials.
- The dress must be pieced together using only glue, tape, and other approved adhesives.
- The dress must be modeled after an existing bridal dress design.
- The dress must be modeled on a ready-to-wear garment form or live model.
- The dress must have a “bridal look”, meaning that it should look like a real wedding dress and not a costume.
There is also a limit on how much a dress can cost to make. It cannot exceed the cost of $200 USD in terms of materials and labor.
Q: Is there a cash award for the winners?
A: Yes, the grand prize winner of the contest will receive a cash prize of $10,000 USD as well as various sponsorships.
Q: Are contestants allowed to use non-paper materials such as tape and glue?
A: Yes, while the dress must be made out of paper materials, contestants are allowed to use additional non-paper materials such as tape and glue.
Q: How much can the dress cost in terms of materials and labor?
A: The total cost of the dress cannot exceed the cost $200 USD in terms of materials and labor.
Below are some examples of entries from previous Toilet Paper Wedding Dress Contest winners.
- Mariela Nieto’s rose-inspired gown – This wedding dress was made entirely out of toilet paper and used tape and glue as adhesives. It features a beautiful rose design in various shades of pink and white.
- Sayaka Narumi’s pleated and ruffled dress – This gown was made out of colored toilet paper and featured two distinct ruffled panels and pleats. The back of the dress featured a intricate bow design.
- Karina Esteban’s classic gown – This dress was made out of white toilet paper and featured a classic shape and silhouette. It had delicate lace detailing and a long train.
The Toilet Paper Wedding Dress Contest is a unique and creative competition that has been gaining in popularity every year. It allows contestants to show off their originality and creativity as well as their skills. The rules and regulations are straightforward and easy to follow, and contestants are given plenty of opportunity to create their own stunning wedding dress creations. So, why not enter the contest and see what you could create?